SHEADYBABY + Co. White Chocolate and Cherry Cookies
Valentine's Day is just around the corner and we wanted to share one of our favorite cookie recipes with you! These white chocolate cherry cookies are so delicious and make the perfect festive treat!
Ingredients You'll Need:
-3/4 cup butter, softened to room temperature
-2/3 cup sugar
-1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
-1/8 teaspoon almond extract ( or cut out if you hate almond extract)
-1 Tablespoon maraschino cherry juice (drained from cherries that we will use later)
-2 cups all-purpose flour
-16 maraschino cherries (drained and chopped) I drain them and keep the juice for the Tbl above**
- 1/2 cup white chocolate
** Optional white bark for drizzle or dipping later
1) Using a handheld or stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the butter on high speed until creamy, about 1 minute. Switch mixer to low speed and add the the sugar, vanilla and almond extracts. With the mixer running on high, slowly drizzle in 1 Tablespoon of the cherry juice. Beat for 1 minute on high. Turn the mixer off and pour the flour into the wet ingredients. Turn the mixer on low and slowly beat until a very soft dough is formed, then, with the mixer still running on low, add the chopped cherries and then the white chocolate chips. Beat just until the cherries and chips are disbursed in the dough.
2) Chill the Dough - Scrape all dough out and put it in plastic wrap ( either as a ball or shaped into a tube) tightly cover with plastic wrap to chill until firm, at least 2 hours (and up to 3 days). If the cookie dough is not sufficiently chilled, your cookies may spread.
3) Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats
4) Shape the cookie dough into balls. Mine were about 1 Tablespoon of dough per ball. If you find that the balls of dough are sticky and/or have gotten a little soft after rolling- place the balls of dough back into the refrigerator to firm up.
5) Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until very lightly browned on the edges. Watch them- they brown fast! Still taste great but do brown fast. The cookies will puff up and spread slightly. Do not overbake.
6) Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
*For the White Chocolate Drizzle: Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes before drizzling with white chocolate. Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave, in 20 second increments, stirring after each increment until melted. I used a plastic condiment bottle to drizzle the melted white chocolate. And then you could let the kids add sprinkles to the drizzle or the dipped cookies!
Don't forget to shop our LOVE Collection to get your hands on some of our cute Valentine's Day tees!